Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some crafting challenges!

What things would we be more careful with if we knew they couldn't be replaced? What if you didn't have any money to buy new scrapbook supplies?
I'm all about scrapping and stamping frugally. My challenge to you is to find a stamp and use it in a new way. If you just stamp on white cardstock and color the image in, try cutting it out. Or try stamping on patterned paper or paper piecing.
If you're the person who has to have lots of stuff on your cards or layouts, I challenge you to use less. I'm going to try to make a card that doesn't involve any extra goodies. Only paper and ink. Maybe you can challenge yourself to do a project with little dimension. THAT would be a hard one for me!!
http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/

I also invite you to hop over to the Hero Arts blog for a fun challenge. They're a stamping company/blog with so many great cards every week! There are also often scrapbook layouts that get shared. This week, they're focusing on recycling and repurposing.

So...I'll throw in the "double dog dare" to the challenge. Look around the house. Check out the trash can. What can you re-use? What can be repurposed? There are a few great examples but I imagine you can come up with more!

Old milk jugs...sand instead of seed beads...I'm thinking of finding some way to use duct tape on a Father's day card. Maybe Mike won't mind if I use a rusty washer or bolt or two!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tami, Merry visiting from Craftmad...your blog is looking great. This challenge is fun...I think it is how I do my cardmaking most of the time. Bread ties covered in paper are great on a ribbon...like a buckle. Insides of envelopes for teabagging or background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete