Monday, May 25, 2009

Shout-out

If you have some time, go here: http://drea-days.blogspot.com/


Back? Great! I've mentioned my friend Drea many times in my blogging. If you've been to Scrapadilly, you know who I'm talking about.


I just wanted to give Drea props for being a great inspiration. I was sitting on my sofa yesterday, watching a late movie (Hitch, with Will Smith - what a hottie!). In my hands were a pair of scissors and a small butterfly that I'd stamped and colored.


Why did that make me think of Drea?


Well, as you may be aware, she's the reason I got into scrapping. Her layouts are a constant source of inspiration. But where she's always so careful and detailed with her layouts, I have always been a "slap it down, glue it and go" kind of gal! Straight lines? Never heard of 'em!!


No seriously!! My lines are NEVER straight. I'm sure it's something wrong with my eyes. But I always admired how Drea takes such time and care especially when she cuts out little details from patterned paper for one thing or another. But instead of being haphazzard or not even trying, there I was, inching around the tiny details of this butterfly. I took my time letting my liquid pearls dry instead of squishing one or two "testing" to see if they were dry. There have been several different techniques I've tried lately that would never have been possible if I'd not learned to take my time and be patient.
Thanks Drea!

No comments:

Post a Comment