Thursday, May 14, 2009

sketch 3


Okay, here's another sketch.


I have to admit, I am addicted to scouring the internet for the very best in cardmakers. I have dozens of blogs bookmarked and I follow a bunch as well.
At the top of my favorites list are Tami Mayberry (and not just because she spells her name like I do!) and Jennifer McGuire. But there are so many others I couldn't begin to name them all. I want to acknowledge their influence on my crafts. Sometimes I intentionally set out to scraplift something. Many of my cards are examples of seeing something great, drawing up a quick sketch and then taking it home and trying it out. But sometimes, I'll see something and not sketch it out or print it off. I believe that those talented cardmakers are still taking up residence in my brain and influencing what I do.
I have recently purchased three sets of butterfly stamps. I have a couple of new owl stamps. Why? Because that's what I'm seeing others use. Check through the blogs and websites listed on the sidebar. These ladies' work will thrill you and challenge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment