Monday, August 3, 2009

This one is going to be hard to see, but may be interesting to try.

I was reading in a magazine (really looking for inspiration and this one hit me) and the author of a particular article was talking about what we use for backgrounds. She mentioned plain cardstock. She mentioned patterned paper. She mentioned transparencies.

Transparencies?

Hmmmmmmmm. It just so happens that I have three packs of transparencies (12x12) from Tuesday Morning (sort of like Big Lots!) that might just do the trick. And since I didn't pay much for it ($5 for the whole thing), it would be okay if it didn't work out and I needed to throw it away.

Instead, I'm kinda liking how it turned out. In person, you can see the subtle blue tint to the transparency and the tiny blue dots. In this photo you can really only see my office door! However, take a moment to enjoy the fact that you can see my office door through my layout and you get the whole point. It's see through!

I am going to try this one again. I'm sure I've got some black and white photos that will work with just about any color transparency I have. :)



1 comment: